Message from the President
I am pleased and honored to help lead the BRI into its 72nd year. This is an exciting time for our association, which continues to adapt to local and regional trends in the building and realty industry sectors. The foundation built by my predecessors in 1946 is so solid that we continue to evolve and thrive through these many decades.
With the invaluable help of our Institute staff, I am committed to reaffirming our mission to the industry, which is vital to the economic well-being of Westchester County and the Hudson Valley region.
Our mission is guided by the following principles:
- Inclusiveness: To represent and serve our members, representing all components of residential and commercial building, realty management and related professional supplier and service-based industries.
- Legal & Legislative Advocacy: To seek out opportunities to affirm principles of property rights, fair and due process, equal opportunity, sensible regulation, affordable housing and legislative reform wherever possible, all toward the free and fair pursuit of a better living and working environment, with housing and economic opportunities for all.
- Enhancement: To help our members with knowledge and information vital to both personal and business growth, enrichment and productivity.
- Education and Planning: To use the resources of the Institute to encourage best planning, zoning and management practices, raising the bar of excellence for environmentally sound, sensible and sustainable growth and development.
- Adherence to High Standards: Affirming and committing to the highest ethical standards of professional conduct and business.
These points, our guiding lights through good times and tough times, through periods of incredible growth and devastating recession, were adopted decades ago and reaffirmed at the beginning of this new century.
The BRI is blessed with a deeply engaged and committed membership and due to this fact, members can rest assured and be proud of the fact that we will continue to be guided by these precepts in perpetuity.
In solidarity, camaraderie and strength in the years to come, I remain
Very truly yours,